Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Updated...things are looking up.

Thank the Lord, I have not had any big relapses since the last!  I have been feeling pretty good so far.  I got a "why didn't you call me?" from the neurologist when I told him about the last, but he is so super nice.  We discussed me stopping nursing in September when he wants me to come back in and begin treatment again. 

The heat, of course, is making my legs tighten up but other than that, not too bad.  I spent the weekend out in the yard with the hubby and was glad to see that I didn't have to spend a day in bed to make up for it this time.  I try not to think about it, but I am a little nervous at how hot it already is this year. 

My newest symptom seems to be what they nicely call the "MS hug".  Not as friendly as it sounds but mine isn't as bad as it could be.  I found a solution however. :)  I am now proudly wearing a version of "spanx".  It not only holds parts of me that aren't quite bouncing back as I lose weight, but it also holds my ribs.  Part of the MS hug is your ribs somewhat hurting.  For me it is more uncomfortable than anything else.  It is almost as if the ribs have rubbed against each other and are sore.  I was having to, at times, just put my hands on my ribs when they were bothering me and the compression helped it not bother me as bad.  With the compression from my new "girdle", I have not experienced as many hugs.  Two benefits for the price of one, lol. 

I am so blessed with great friends and support system.  Especially my Sheri.  When I am down in the dumps, all I have to do is call her and listen to any of her crazy stories and my day is made right again.  <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment