Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love the summertime...I get to try out new recipes.

First new recipe of the summer: A new and improved meatloaf! I had been reading where others used a large muffin tin to make individual meatloaves and wanted to try it. I didn't have any brown sugar to make Bub's favorite brown sugar and ketchup meatloaf, so I totally threw something together. It was:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can of rotel tomatoes
a little bit of salsa (lol...because that is all I had)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg
2 pieces of bread just ripped into pieces, nothing fancy

Mix very well. Form "patties" and then put them in to the muffin tin and push down. You can make them as big or as small as you want. I put them in the oven on 375 for about 40-45 minutes and kept an eye on them and of course sliced one open to see if it was cooked all the way. That is it! Very easy, right? This is all stuff that I had in the house already which made it even better. :)

The next on the new recipe list: Bacon cheeseburgers with a twist
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tub Philadelphia Cooking Creme Italian Herb and Cheese (I imagine any would probably taste good)
7-8 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients very well. You could possibly get away with one egg if you can make sure it mixes with all of the hamburger but I preferred two. Form your patties. The hamburger will probably fall apart if too big. If I made them "slider" size, they didn't and flipped easily. Put them in the skillet and cook until they are brown on both sides and cooked in the middle (to your preference). We added cheese on some and voila, you have a very yummy (according to my 7 year old) bacon cheeseburger.

One more quick recipe: Chicken Nuggets
6 chicken breasts cut up into chunks (more or less depending on how many you want to make- they go quickly among my three big boys)
Frosted Flakes- either processed up in smaller pieces or put them in a plastic bag and get some aggression out smashing them works too. :)
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Black Pepper for seasoning before you cut chicken up

After cutting up the chicken breasts into chunks (I always put black pepper on them the breasts before cutting them up to get it a little kick), dredge them through the honey mustard dipping sauce (ranch works well too as well as sweet baby ray's sweet and spicy). After they are covered, dip them into the mashed up frosted flakes and place them onto a greased cookie sheet. Place them into the oven on 350 and keep an eye on them. After about 10-15 minutes you may need to flip them to get it evenly crispy. After about 25 minutes, cut one open to see if it is cooked all the way thru. Serve with dipping sauce if needed. A much healthier version of the chicken nugget for the kiddos. :)
(I can't remember exact times but I will update next time I make them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment